Roof replacement questions every homeowner should ask
JD Metal Roof contractors invites homeowners to contact us about a free estimate for replacement roofing. We also install gutters. Listed below are questions you should ask about replacement roofing, particularly if you are interested in a metal roof. Resistant to cracking, shrinking and eroding, metal roofs stand up to hail, high winds and even wildfires. No matter the style, most homeowners who choose a metal roof will never have to worry about re-roofing again.
- Is the company licensed, and are the employees bonded and insured?
- What types of roofing materials does the company offer? The industry has evolved - there are many choices beyond the old asphalt shingle.
- Will the contractor provide a written, final estimate?
- Can the new roof be installed over the existing roof?
- What are the environmental considerations of the new materials and disposal of the old roof?
- Who manufactures the roofing material the contractor will use?
- How long with will the new roof last? What does the warranty cover?
- Will the company use subcontractors? If so, how will they be managed/supervised?
- Can you obtain references from former customers?